[ale] Server Vendor Hardware

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Thu Oct 9 14:55:07 EDT 2003

Ok, guys, I'm looking for some server quality hardware for my company.
Something along these specs:

Rackmount 2U
Dual 3Ghz Xeon
4Gigs of ram
3x75Gig Hotswap SCSI drives
4x10/100 Copper NIC
Floppy (must have)
Linux compatable

On-site Service such as Dell's 4Hour is a big plus.

We're currently getting quotes from Dell and IBM for a total of
about 80-100 machines but I'm not sure in what quantity how fast yet.
That will come down the road once we get pricing, etc.

Suggestions based on working with the vendors?
  Robert

:wq!
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:

Life is not a destination, it's a journey.
  Microsoft produces 15 car pileups on the highway.
    Don't stop traffic to stand and gawk at the tragedy.