[ale] Cyrix 233 CPU

Matthew Magee mnmagee at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 7 20:13:58 EDT 2003

I had a similar problem with a AMD K62-500.  Turns out that the CPU itself was
dead.  RedHat, SuSE, and Mandrake refused to install.  Free BSD would
install, but running top would produce a floating point error.  I put in a
K6-200 in the same box, and all is well.

May not be the same problem you are having, but an idea anyway.