[ale] possible web server

Stephen Turner artic_knight at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 06:15:09 EDT 2003

well lol ill agree it does sound very naive on his part however i dont
know if i could do something on his hardware without telling him (guilty
conscious) lol however i would try to spare them the comparisons rants and
such :-p. my use of 2k lately (purely educational and goof off lol) has
renewed my faith that windoze is better than i was once making it out to
be however as a secure server well, no need for explaining :-p LOL so .net
and a couple goodies are outta my reach? are they worth while? i doubt if
they already have a web server, i think thats why they are interested. ugg
guess i need to learn php, seems to be popular.

> I've seen this kind of mentality in operations several times.  Inkjet
> printer runs out of ink - buy a new printer.  I've gotten a couple of
> free printers this way.
>
> I wouldn't waste your time convincing him to run Linux when it's clear
> that the issues associated with running Windows are totally lost on him.
> If you're going to be put in charge, *be* in charge and make the
> decisions that need making.  Just explain to them that you will commit
> to making things better to the best of your ability, and deploy your
> knowledge and your case of distro CDs.  There's no real need to trouble
> them with Linux vs. Windows vs. Spockix vs. EbolaOS rhetoric.

=====
**  computers are a lot like air conditioners, they stop working properly once you open windows **