[ale] Maxtor drives

Jeff Layton jeffrey.b.layton at lmco.com
Thu May 29 14:14:20 EDT 2003

ChangingLINKS.com wrote:

> > That's funny. I've had pretty good luck with WD and
> > HORRIBLE luck with Seagate (I lose one about
> > every 6 months and I only have 2).
> >
> > Jeff
>
> I have lost more data on WD than Seagate. It was easy to lose the data
> on the
> WD, I just typed rm -rf . . . . That being said, I prefer Seagate.

That's what I've heard as well (Seagate better than WD).
I can't figure out why I've had such rotten luck. I've
checked the temps on the drives and they are very cool
(much better than the CPU). Maybe Seagate has implemented
the infamous "if jeff_layton" flag that I seem to find in
all of my codes :)

--
Jeff Layton
Senior Engineer - Aerodynamics and CFD

"Is it possible to overclock a cattle prod?" - Irv Mullins