[ale] New website for H1B [Slightly OT]

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Wed May 28 03:07:04 EDT 2003

> Not me.... I've not personally insulted you... yet.
No. You have not.

> This has nothing to do with Grant (I don't know Grant. Hi Grant).
Remember that you jumped in on an ongoing thread. The thread was related to
the attitude held by Grant and others on the list.

> You
> related your success with "Russian" programming and I related my
> experience. Btw, I 'have' isolated the bug. It's in the "Russian"
> programmers hands. I'm still waiting. YMMV (and obviously does).

Do not hesitate to solicit other programmers to fix the problem. Your
goal/responsibility is to get the program to market - not babysit a
programmer (Russian or US).

> Ahh. Production cost. Man it sucks if someone gives you something for
> free and expects something for it... Huh...
I guess I was not clear. In short, a programmer needs to justify his cost. If
he costs 3 times more, he should be able to illustrate why.

> So, what's your gripe? You get what you want for free. You've found the
> holy grail... Run with it. Don't come to Atlanta and pee on our parade
> telling us how we should work for free and support our software forever
> at no cost.

I am not saying that at all. My position is simply:
"Justify your cost or don't pee on the companies' parade offshore."

>All for what? A Stock Ticker? Hehe... Dream on...
Actually, you make a joke about the most exciting project I got goin'. It is
not a stock ticker, but the front end to a program that knows when to buy and
sell stocks.

> I'm not very popular because I don't think Microsoft costs more in the
> long run. I use the appropriate tool for the job. I don't buy generic
> macaroni & cheese. Ok well, I don't buy macaroni & cheese at all. I make
> it myself from scratch with what ever the best ingredients are at the
> time, it usually costs me more. Where does that fit in the equation? Am
> I bad if I buy a brand name mac & cheese?

No. I buy brand names a lot too. Every component of every computer. I spent
hours researching what to buy. My Yamaha P-80 was the best keyboard on the
market (per my specs) at the time. Spent hours researching that too. The
point/equation is to fundamentally "justify the cost."
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com