[ale] video card recommendation?

F. Grant Robertson f.g.robertson at alexiongroup.com
Mon May 26 23:15:28 EDT 2003

 Drew, I was making a joke..  chill out. Of course we don't know each other, you don't even live here. However, you're a frequent poster to the list, and I post regularly enough for you to know who I am.. Isn't the internet wonderful?

 But, while you bring it up.. programmers.

> still, he is taking over for one that dropped the ball for a *year.*

 You have a year long lapse in development progress, and without qualification other than "he dropped the ball" you blame the programmer?

 What, after his second week of dropping the ball you made a management decision to give him another 50 weeks to come around and play for the team? Or did he just reset his deliverable dates on you every few weeks? How many times did you let him slip and then throw him a longer rope? Understanding is one thing but, more than 2 or 3 major shifts in delivery dates and he should have been looking for another project and you for another programmer.

> (Waited for crappy programmers no less than 2 years of time on 2 projects)

 I find it incredibly ironic that you claim to settle for nothing but the best since, as you put it, you can afford it. Yet, you belittle nearly every programmer you ever speak of and on top of that, compare their asking prices to offshore development?

 If you want steak Drew, by all means eat steak. However, if you want steak and are only willing to pay for meatloaf what do you expect?

 Drew, are you absolutely sure I never worked for you at a dot-bomb? I could swear I've seen your management style somewhere before.

Wishing you a sense of humor and a paperback copy of "The One Minute Manager",
-G