[ale] HIding whois info...

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Wed May 21 10:38:25 EDT 2003

Yes. I recently registered a domain. I put in an email that I would not need.
I can leave it active, and if it gets overwhelmed with spam, I can simply
stop accepting email from that address. All other info is accurate.

Drew

On Wednesday 21 May 2003 09:51 am, Andrew Newton wrote:
> Raju wrote:
> > Anyone used this --> http://domainsbyproxy.com/ or know of any other
> > services available to hide whois info for your domain(s) from spammers:-)
> > Thx
>
> My understanding is that some registrars do this too.  But you need to
> keep in mind that putting false or misleeding information in a gTLD
> domain registration can get it taken away from you if somebody
> challenges it.
>
> If it is spam harvesting of email addresses in whois that you are
> worried about, you should read the recent CDT study on spam harvesting
> of email addresses.  Whois ranks pretty low as a source.
>
> -andy

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com