[ale] Opera 7.11 Linux Final is Out

James Sumners james at sumners.ath.cx
Wed May 21 01:58:26 EDT 2003

Oh no! Someone is trying to make a profit and not give everyone their hard work.

It seems to me that they actively support the following platforms: Windows, Mac,
Linux, OS/2, Solaris, FreeBSD, QNX, Symbian. And they seem to do it with a half
decent product that is reasonably priced. It is fully featured, standards
compliant(mostly), and has damn fine technical assistance. I don't see too many
other commercial developers monitoring news groups to get feedback from, and
assist, the users of the product they are writing.

Just because something is not distributed with the source code does not mean
that is a "joke".

--

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological
personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the

Missionara Protectiva, Text QIV (decto)
CH:D 59