[ale] Python vs Perl (again)

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri May 9 15:52:00 EDT 2003

Looks like I'm back into depdency hell :(

[root at cas8]# python
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
'import exceptions' failed; use -v for traceback
Warning!  Falling back to string-based exceptions
Python 1.5.2 (#1, Jul  5 2001, 03:02:19)  [GCC 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.1 2 on linux-i386
>>> "asdsa"
'asdsa'
>>> quit
Traceback (innermost last):