[ale] laptop with dual monitor

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Mon May 5 13:34:59 EDT 2003

[...]

    esoteric> I am using the radeon driver, don't know about the
    esoteric> atimisc driver.  What distro are you running?

RedHat 9 with the latest 4.3.0 experimental gatos drivers.  The chip
is

ATI Technologies Inc Rage Mobility P/M AGP 2x (rev 64)

As I'm reading it, the `ati' driver is just a shim which does the
initial detection and then pulls in the apropriate chipset specific
driver (atimisc, radeon, r128).  If I try and specifically tell it to
use the radeon driver it doesn't see any supported chips and bails.

Ah well, back to working on getting a powerbook . . . :)

770 294-0820 (m)      |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=