[ale] help! i broke CTRL-C / I broke DEL

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Mar 31 23:29:53 EST 2003

>From /etc/bashrc:

     14 # are we an interactive shell?
     15 if [ "$PS1" ]; then
     16     if [ -x /usr/bin/tput ]; then
     17       if [ "x`tput kbs`" != "x" ]; then # We can't do this with
"dumb" t        erminal
     18         stty erase `tput kbs`
     19       elif [ -x /usr/bin/wc ]; then
     20         if [ "`tput kbs|wc -c `" -gt 0 ]; then # We can't do
this with "        dumb" terminal
     21           stty erase `tput kbs`
     22         fi
     23       fi
     24     fi

I found these details when I copied over my bash stuff to BSD.