[ale] free bsd vs. linux

Robert Heaven robertheaven at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 15 11:57:20 EST 2003

I don't necessarily agree that BSD is better for server tasks but, I do
agree that Linux is better for the desktop.

On Sat, 2003-03-15 at 03:21, Stephen Turner wrote:
    so what you guys are saying is for network server issues i would be better
    using freebsd but for desktops and systems that are not designed for one
    task slave work i should stick to linux?  hmm sounds fair enough, how is
    free bsd on scalability? just like linux? btw thanks for your input i
    appreciate it ;) saved me a lotta time and trouble