[ale] free bsd vs. linux

Robert Heaven robertheaven at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 14 23:18:03 EST 2003

I work with FreeBSD all day at work and use Linux at home for my
personal PC... I guess the best analogy I can think of is:

When I see Linux I think of a luxury automobile with all the latest
bells and whistles and a big powerful engine to drive it.

When I see FreeBSD I think of a John Deer Tractor, not very fancy, not
very fast. But it can pull one hell of a load and plow the fields all
day, every day.