[ale] Wow! Check out these load averages!

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Mar 10 21:26:00 EST 2003

gdb <PID> will attach it to the running (or in your case, hung) process

help will give info on classes of things you can do. help <topic> gives
more detail.

Since ftpd is acting up, bounce the networking setup. Also try running a
tcp sniffer to see if you are being attacked. tcpdump is a good idea. If
you see ports being half-opened by the same ip, block them at the
firewall.