[ale] Mobo suggestions

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 26 17:41:04 EDT 2003

James,

On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 10:22, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> Suggestions? Recommendations for or against a specific model? Note ** As
> per SO instructions, I am no longer allowed inside MicroCenter without
> adult supervision...

	I like the Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW-P AMD760 ATA133 RAID DDR (MP).  Monarch
Computer sells 'em.  It's MP, and has 4 ide slots, for a total of 8
devices.  Can you say RAID?  It also has built in ethernet.

	As for the later question of "does Linux support SATA?", I don't think
so, but Andre Hedrick is working on it, last I heard.

Danny