[ale] really really deleting files....

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Jun 24 13:17:02 EDT 2003

Keith R. Watson wrote:

> However if you mean no one, not even a three letter government agency
> can recover the data, then it is not possible to erase data so that it
> is totally safe from recovery. (I'm sure that will start a flame war)
> The real issue is how do you define the terms erase and recoverable:

Okay, I've checked out the various docs, briefly.  I don't really have
the time to digest them fully at this, time, but would ask your patient.
  In my feeble mind, it seems to me that if you remove a file, then fill
that file system completely up with garbage, the removed file is not
retrievable.  Might you suggest the flaw in my process?

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...