[ale] Suse or Red Hat? (yes, yes, i know here we go again...)

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Fri Jun 20 12:53:08 EDT 2003

> > I'm not sure what option 3 was.  You can do a curses install of SuSE.
> > Why is it you don't like doing an install via YAST2?
>
> Like I said, that was with YAST.  I hope YAST2 has fixed it.
>
> Michael

Except for loading the kernel modules for the NIC, I believe anyone who can
read can install Suse. It has come that far. It is easier to install than
Windows or RedHat, you don't even have to change the CD.\

I was having some weird hardware problem where the install could not connect
to the hard drive. It would time out or say no hard drive present. When I
just let the box boot - it could boot from the hard drive.

Well, I just put the hard drive in another box, installed it, walked it across
the room and it worked perfectly. Yast picked up the slight differences in
the hardware, prompted me and auto configured everything.
Likewise, the box I am sitting in front of now was installed on the box that
had the problem last night.

I understand that it is pulling me away from the command line. It is sooo easy
to install (I do installs litterally in my sleep) that usually the quickest
solution if anything major goes wrong is "re-install."
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com