[ale] Suse or Red Hat? (yes, yes, i know here we go again...)

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Fri Jun 20 10:15:03 EDT 2003

> > Also does Suse have a little drop down box to choose which
> desktop to
> > use (like Mandrake does at login)?  (if anyone knows where
> i can find
> > this script let me know.  i want to use it on some livecd's i am
> > making)
>
> Are you referring to the X interface?  Yes it does, but this is
> dependent on what you're running (gdm, kdm, xdm) not so much
> the distro.

Yes.  As Todd will run something like Fluxbox or WindowMaker, his wife will stick to KDE or Gnome.  It would be nice if she was able to type in her username/password and choose her environment.  I am beginning to see this as a necessary feature as most people don't want to have to hand edit anything.

Thanks for putting up this,
Preston