[ale] woof

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Jun 18 11:32:38 EDT 2003

Bwahahahaha!!!!!

I've heard these _in_use_ by "managers" trying to sell the engineers the
same line of crap they sold the investors on.

Come to think of it, I got tossed out of a meeting for repeatedly asking
for clarification when a long line of this was used to justify the
demand that the engineers work longer hours, take more responsibility,
get less authority, and be grateful for the pay cut.

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 10:30, Robert L. Harris wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/ekyt
>
> This one loads.
>

> Thus spake James P. Kinney III (jkinney at localnetsolutions.com):
>
> > The link has expired :(
> >
> > Can you repost this? It sounds like a hoot (or nightmare).
> >
> > On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 10:02, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> > > The end to buzzword laiden messages?  Could the threat of this software
> > > in the hands of investors actually make bigwigs just tell the truth in
> > > plain english?.....  I can see the headlines "Stock dropped 50% because
> > > investors believed he was using too many buzzwords to hide something"
> > >

> > >  "Bullfighter," as the software is called, could help investors spot
> > > troubled companies. Used to test language used by now-bankrupt energy
> > > trader Enron from 1999 through 2001, Fugere said the program found "it
> > > got progressively more obscure as they got deeper and deeper into
> > > trouble.
> > >
> > > http://tinyurl.com/em8b
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >   Robert
> > >

> > > :wq!
> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > Robert L. Harris                     | GPG Key ID: E344DA3B
> > >                                          @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
> > > DISCLAIMER:
> > >       These are MY OPINIONS ALONE.  I speak for no-one else.
> > >
> > > Diagnosis: witzelsucht
> > >
> > > IPv6 = robert at ipv6.rdlg.net	http://ipv6.rdlg.net
> > > IPv4 = robert at mail.rdlg.net	http://www.rdlg.net
> > --
> > James P. Kinney III          \Changing the mobile computing world/
> > CEO & Director of Engineering \          one Linux user         /
> > Local Net Solutions,LLC        \           at a time.          /
> > 770-493-8244                    \.___________________________./
> > http://www.localnetsolutions.com
> >
> > GPG ID: 829C6CA7 James P. Kinney III (M.S. Physics) <jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>
> > Fingerprint = 3C9E 6366 54FC A3FE BA4D 0659 6190 ADC3 829C 6CA7
>

> :wq!
> Robert L. Harris                     | GPG Key ID: E344DA3B
>                                          @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
> DISCLAIMER:
>
> Diagnosis: witzelsucht
>
> IPv6 = robert at ipv6.rdlg.net	http://ipv6.rdlg.net