[ale] Reboot wedging problems after disk transplant

hbbs at attbi.com hbbs at attbi.com
Wed Jun 18 11:14:11 EDT 2003

John -

I assume you're running ext3.

This doesn't seem like a good sign.  If this happened to me, I'd want to safety
the data elsewhere (the original drive, CD-RW, etc) and try booting the machine
to a bootable CD distro (the Gentoo LiveCDs are good for this) so I could run
fsck against the / partition.

I'd also be curious to know if there might be a mismatch between the ext3
utilities (fsck, mke2fs -j) and the ext3 support in the kernel or module you're
using.

- Jeff