[ale] Sound Volume Depending on Time of Day?

Ryan Neily ryan at neily.net
Fri Jun 13 00:39:32 EDT 2003

I have written a little script to basically tell me when new mail has
arrived and what the mail's purpose is. My box is currently playing a
different sound based on what Procmail filter rules the particular e-mail
falls into.

What I am trying to do now is to change the volume of the speakers
depending on the time of the day.  I can think of plenty of bad ways to do
this that would work (crontab calling aumix at particular times of the
day), however I am looking for something a little more efficient.

I was wondering if anyone might have any ideas on an elegant way of doing
this?

--
Ryan Neily
ryan at neily.net

Random Quote:
"Aerodynamics are for people that cant build good engines... - Enzo Ferrari"