[ale] Strange problem

Irv Mullins irvm at ellijay.com
Sun Jun 8 13:38:01 EDT 2003

I've got an older pc that I thought I would set up to experiment with
networking. I tried Mdk 7.1 thru 9.1, RH 7.1, SuSE 6.4, Knoppix,
and FreeBSD 4.7. ALL failed to load, hanging up the computer with
right at the start. I tried several CD drives.

However, Slack 4.0 and Win 98 loaded without a hitch, and run fine.
Anyone know what the problem could be? Processor (Cyrix 6x86MX)
not compatible with the other versions mentioned?

Thanks
Irv