[ale] OT Linux Story

Dow Hurst dhurst at kennesaw.edu
Thu Jun 5 22:33:55 EDT 2003

The security, low cost, tweakability, and scalability really weigh in favor of Linux for the financial world.  Since SGI came out with the single memory image 64 CPU Altix server with 64bit CPUs, the whole gamut of types of machines people need are all available with Linux.  It is exciting to see this response and am looking for to websites being optimized for anything other than IE.;-)
Dow

>>> fishy at ipa.net 06/05/03 21:13 PM >>>
Perhaps they are switching to linux also because of the ATMs that went
out of service because of the m$sql virus