[ale] bad html

Kevin O'Neill Stoll kevinostoll at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 3 20:27:41 EDT 2003

I work for the state general assembly and I know the people
who developed this site. I will pass the word along to them
about your difficulties.

Although, I wouldn't hold your breath on getting this done
quickly. They tend to be extremely slow to implement any
sort of solutions to problems.

One other avenue that you might try, although it seems
extreme, is to contact your state representative or senator
and explain to them that you are not able to view the web
site. It seems that a phone call to Legilative LAN support
with the name of a legislator attached to it, goes a long
way.

Ironically, though, one of the easiest ways to obtain your
reps contact info is also through the same web site you
can't render. So if that is the case, you could try a
couple of things.
1. Use Yahoo politics section to get your state rep
information
2. Send me an email and I will get you the appropriate
numbers/name

Hope that helps.

<http://www.legis.state.ga.us/cgi-bin/gl_codes_detail.pl?code=1-1-1>

> > But I can't see the entire page. So I fired off a note
> >
> > the webmaster and got this reply:
> > > The page works fine with Netscape 4.76 and Internet
> Explorer 5.0 or
> > > better. Netscape 6.x and 7.x both are unable to
> correctly load the
> > > pages.
> >
> > I looked at the source html for the page and realized I
> do not know
> > enough to spot the problem, although I have a suspicion
> or two.
> > Both browsers on my box (Mozilla and Konky) use the
> Netscape engine.
> > Suggestions on how to reach this page would be
> appreciated.
> > Would Opera be able to read this page?
>
> More data points: I use Konqueror with the KDE engine
> (KHTML) engine and
> that doesn't work either.  I get a blank page with
> nothing but the header.
> It is very wide (about 5 screens wide).  wget got the
> same thing.
>
> Michael

=====
Kevin Stoll