[ale] SSH Downloading

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Tue Jul 29 13:45:46 EDT 2003

Robert Coggins wrote:

>Hey all!
>
>Its me again!
>
>Is there a way to download a file in ssh from the remote to the local
>computer without having to run an ftp/sftp program and vice versa?
>
>Thanks again!
>
>Rob

I'd like to ask a variation on this request --

Suppose I already have an ssh connection active from machine L to
machine R.  Is there anyway to invoke a scp-like command that can used
"pseudo-terms" to represent the user/host combination for that local and
remote systems in question?

ssh remote
--- browse around until I find what I want.
scp filename {local}:

It might even send it back down the same TCP connection, since the local
machine may not be publicly reachable....

David