[CHAOS] Re: [ale] P.M.S. Tally so far..

John Hastings johnhastings at knology.net
Sat Jul 26 13:40:07 EDT 2003

  I've tried out many distro's, rpm seemed nice, but sometimes you'd install
software, and nothing would happen, and I found that frustrating.
Originally I didn't realize that dependency of software components necessary
for operation of my package were an integral part of the issue.  There ought
to be some built in way to say say "Hey!  You need to install this stuff too
in order for this software to work."  Who wants to read through man pages
the size of a new york phone book just to install a program?  I think I am
going to columbus today to try some thai food, and see a cheap $2 dollar
movie at the theatre, i'll probably be somewhere else thinking about the
unified package management theory...  (move over einstein...  the world is
really about to change...)