[ale] trying to install RH9

mkii mkii at adelphia.net
Sat Jul 26 16:09:42 EDT 2003

I've been running Suse for a while and wanted to try the new RH 9.0.
I downloaded all 3 disks and was trying to install them on to my little
266Mhz box but cant seem to be able to boot from the CD.
I then created the bootable disk.img using rawrite off RH site,
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/install-guide/s1-steps
-install-cdrom.html#S2-STEPS-MAKE-DISKS

I am able to boot from the floppy but it does not want to see the CD drive.
I will do the "linux askmethod" in the hopes it will see the CD drive but
the only thing I get is "boot failed".

Just some background info.  I am using a Win2k box to download and burn
these files.  My linux box does not have a burner in it.  I also donÂ’t want
to go out and buy the CD's as I just wanted to play around with it.

Anyone got an idea?

Thanks