[ale] Job requirements

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Sat Jul 26 10:29:09 EDT 2003

On Saturday 26 July 2003 02:26, Stephen Touset wrote:

> Then again, I also may be overestimating my capabilities. I wonder which
> is more likely.

Unlikely. I'm shopping around for a new gig myself, and have noticed the
same thing. I think it's just another indicator of how far the IT job
market has slipped. It's a buyers market. Salaries are down drastically for
all but the most senior positions, most of which now require the applicant
to have 29+ years experience, your own helicopter, own health insurance,
willing to relocate anywhere on 4 minutes notice, live 2 minutes from the
office, phd from MIT, Johns Hopkins, or GaTech (no exceptions), and must
possess all of the following certifications:

CCIE
CCEA
MCSE
MCNE
RHCE
CISSP
CISA
QRSTUV
ISCCA
NASCAR
WXYZ

...and a partridge in a pear tree.

So if anyone out there is looking for a pretty good techie who has a well
rounded background and generally knows how to do stuff, feel free to drop
me a line. Not concerned with salary as much as fun and flexible working
hours.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security