[ale] Package Management System

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Jul 26 09:28:44 EDT 2003

Thomas Holmquist wrote:
> apt-get obviously has all these features, but also the added benifit of
> more packages, and packages of higher quality. (dependency resolving
> doesn't do you any good when the packager did not set the dependencies
> correctly.)

I can't speak of debian has I have very little experience.  So you're
saying you've had problems, specifically with SuSE YAST2 and dependency
resolution?  I've never, and I've done a number of SuSE 8.2 installs for
various purposes.

I find it highly unlikely that there are more packages in deb format
then you'll find on the 2 dvds or 5 cds that come with SuSE 8.2 pro.
Again, I don't have limited experiences and would appreciate pointers to
this cache of .deb sources.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...