[ale] Package Management System

James CE Johnson jcej at tragus.org
Sat Jul 26 08:35:52 EDT 2003

ChangingLINKS.com wrote:

>Ditto.
>I believe anyone who believes that another package manager is "better" than
>Yast2, has not used Yast2.

I've never used Yast2 but from Geoffrey's description below it sounds
like Mandrake's urpmi works about the same 'urpmi some-package' will go
find 'some-package' and all of their dependencies and get 'em installed.
The only real pain in the butt is finding good, stable and up-to-date
RPM repositories to feed to urpmi.addmedia.