[ale] Doundta

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 18 19:12:30 EDT 2003

Geoffrey,

On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 13:51, Geoffrey wrote:
> I personally had no idea CA did anything with Linux.  Do they?

	I once did the INGRES (commercial RDBMS, had the same roots as
PostgreSQL) consulting thing.  After Ingres Corp. sold to ASK, and they
dropped the marketing ball, CA bought it.  Around the time Oracle began
supporting Linux, CA released Ingres II for Linux.  I still have that CD
somewhere.

	I don't know if they've kept up with the Ingres/Linux thing or not.  I
seem to recall recently that CA-Unicenter is supposed to run on Linux
now.

	Just FYI.

Danny