[ale] Linux laptops (dell)

Matthew Brown matthew.brown at cordata.com
Wed Jul 16 22:01:33 EDT 2003

Just gpt an HP Pavilion 4430 I'm reasonalby happy with:
512MB/40Gb/1.8GHzAthlon/1050USD
Synaptics TouchPad.
ATI Radeon IGP 320
Wireless 54g

Only down so faris the shared video RAM, but I'm not sure it's even trouble.

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 21:20, David Corbin wrote:

I'm considering upgrading (replacing) my laptop system with a new one.  I've
had two Dells before, and been reasonably happy with them (there have been
problems, but service has been great).  I'm considering another Dell, but
would like to solicit other oppinions.

Requirements:
	RAM:  512MB (minimum, 1G expandability better)
	Display: 15", 1280x1024 (minimum)
        Touchpad: (Synaptics or equivalent)

	All the other things I "require" are on pretty much every laptop.

I can get something like that from Dell for about $1250, but there is no
guarantee that it works well with Linux.  Suggestions?

David