[ale] LDAP and Windows authentication

Jonathan Glass jonathan.glass at ibb.gatech.edu
Mon Jul 14 17:39:55 EDT 2003

Check out:

Using OpenLDAP For Authentication; Revision 2
http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/docs/ldap-auth2.php

And

Samba 3.0.0 beta
http://us3.samba.org/samba/whatsnew/samba-3.0.0beta2.html
especially this paragraph:

Major new features:

1)  Active Directory support.  Samba 3.0 is now able to
    to join a ADS realm as a member server and authenticate
    users using LDAP/Kerberos.

Is this close to what you have in mind?

HTH

Jonathan Glass