[ale] SOLUTION: how to resize mozilla browser [was: mozilla question(April 15,2003)]

Christopher Russell tiger_007 at adelphia.net
Sat Jul 12 10:42:59 EDT 2003

Brian,

Mozilla browser always maximized, and cannot resize...

Here's my solution - Caveat: Mozilla-1.2.1 on RH9, not Mandrake.

BACKGROUND
>From a clear desktop, launch the browser. Maximized, correct? Use the
mouse to grap the title bar and move the window across the desktop; no
luck? Attempt to use the mouse to 'grab' the edges of the browser window
to resize; but it cannot, because the cursor does not change to the
'double headed' arrow.

SOLUTION
Left-click on the window 'Maximize' icon in the top right corner of the
browser. Crazy, ha! - not quite, because curiously, on my system, it
actually 'jumped' the browser window over to the right by a very small
margin. sufficient to grab and resize the browser window starting from
that left side... Now close the browser. Now launch the browser, and it
should open in exactly the last postion and size you closed it at.

I hope this works for you, and others.

Chris