[ale] Bad business

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Fri Jan 31 22:49:44 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 22:30, Robert Heaven wrote:
> I hate to disillusion you but, network engineering, management and
> administration are also being outsourced (off-shore). Anything that can
> be done remotely, will be done remotely (from India).
>
> Eventually, the only people left with jobs will be the $10/hour
> technicians that work for the foreign companies who come out and swap
> the faulty hardware. And, of course, the 100,000,000 in this country
> that all work for WalMart and McDonalds.

None of which will be able to actually BUY anything at those places
since their wages will be scaled/reset/choose you new buzz word for
dropped like a rock down a deep well to match the poor slobs in the
third world countries that have the cool jobs.

The solution is to not buy anything but at the small mom and pop stores.
When stores like Target, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Sears see NO SALES FOR
MONTHS, they might get the hint that maybe they need to keep the
manufacturing local. Maybe they need to do the hippie thing and "think
global and act local".

In my 40 years on this rock, I have never seen anything designed or
manufactured better than what has been made in this country. My mom's
dryer is a GE brand that is 30+ years old and works perfectly. Ditto on
the washer, fridge and stove. Their cars are Buicks, 100% American
designed and made parts, and all have well over 100,000 miles, and they
all work perfect.

There are very few things made anywhere else in the world that are as
well made as what the REAL American engineer designs and the real
American manufacturing facility makes.

And just to irritate the die hard right-wingers on the group, my mom's
great working appliances were all made by members of organized labor.
And they are proud of what the built and they bought one too.

So why should a Malaysian or Indian give much of a rats hind quarters
how well they do they job. Most of what they will be making/doing, they
can't purchase on their $5k/year.

I really should avoid political diatribe after large gin and tonics.
Fixing the spelling errors is major pain. We won't discuss the political
affront I just assaulted the group with that will be on Google in a few
days.
http://www.localnetsolutions.com

 This is a digitally signed message part