[ale] suse 8.1 with xp

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Fri Jan 31 12:16:42 EST 2003

> tried to dual boot linux with xp already on and during initial setup get
> "no software package selected"? never had that on my other computers
> dual booting with win me? thomas

Thomas,

Not sure of what's causing your problem, but it shouldn't be that
difficult.  Red Hat handles it nicely; I've got a laptop dualing RH 8 and
Win XP.  Are you using grub or lilo, out of curiosity.  Also, I've never
installed suse, but did it recognize that you had a window's parition when
you configured the bootloader?

finally, and most important....did you create a bootdisk?

John