[ale] Again with the filesystem recovery (semi-OT)

D. Alan Stewart astewart at layton-graphics.com
Mon Jan 27 14:20:08 EST 2003

It's been a long time, but my memory is that deleted files could be
recovered on the Vax operating system. I would bet that most mainframe
operating systems had some type protections against accidental file
deletion. Of course DOS had undelete and the Mac has had the trashcan
since day one. *nix operating systems are the only ones I am personally
familiar with (which isn't saying much) where deleting a file is a
single, unrecoverable step.