[ale] Linux + barcode scanners

H. Bieber habieb at myrealbox.com
Mon Jan 27 11:12:58 EST 2003

Jonathan, Here is our situation. We have a database built in MySQL, we occasionally (read, not in a while) update the database with the service tags of the PCs throughout the Law School and include basic info, PC type, speed, OS and room location. We would like to create our own barcodes and be able scan a PC that is getting moved and change it's info in the handheld, then sync the handheld with the database. We are looking at a Compac IPAC with the barcode scanner attachment.

Thanks
Harold