[ale] Reverting from ntpd

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Mon Jan 27 10:44:37 EST 2003

Robert,

Initially I thought it might just be a Gnome thing...but "date" reverts as
well upon X-server restart.  IOW, I set the date using "date somedate"
from the command line, everything looks good, I restart the X server, and
type "date" at the command line.  The date returned is off again.

Typing this, it strikes me as odd that anything regarding X/Gnome would
modify the software clock.  I mean, shouldn't this be done on boot, and
not messed with unless you're running ntpd to sync occasionally?

Maybe I'm having a brain hiccup here.  I'll have to try it again to make
sure this afternoon after work.

Thanks,
John