[ale] Reverting from ntpd

Adrin haswes at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 27 01:08:15 EST 2003

not sure if this helps.

But there is a timeconfig you can run from the command prompt.
Also a man on timeconfig can be helpful  It will tell you some of the
flat files on the system. I know the command to set the hardware clock is
setclock.

I stopped using ntpd.  I sued ntpdate now.  This was only because if the time
got off by more than a few second ntpd would not up date it.  Funny thing. My system at
work looses about 8.XXXX seconds every 24 hours.

Adrin