[ale] New worm destablized Internet

Dan Man danman at dtconnect.com
Sun Jan 26 13:48:10 EST 2003

Better check yourself. I'm not trying to protect BOA here, but a simple
netcraft query shows that they use Netscape for the online banking and
more specifically Netscape on Solaris for the main site. Unless they are
very cleverly masking the IIS web servers as Netscape on Solaris (which
I don't believe they are), your statement about IIS has no merit. The
Yahoo article also states that American Express had problems. Please
check this out and restate your argument after you can show us that IIS
has something to do with the topic at hand.

Online banking site:

SSL details for onlineid.bankofamerica.com
Visit Site
Organisation as given by certificate
Internet-Intranet Services
Terms of use at www.verisign.com/rpa (c)00
Bank of America Corporation
Charlotte
North Carolina
US

Common name: onlineid.bankofamerica.com

HTTPS Server
Netscape-Enterprise/4.1
Supported SSL ciphers:

RC4 with MD5
RC4 with MD5 (export version restricted to 40-bit key)
RC2 with MD5
RC2 with MD5 (export version restricted to 40-bit key)
DES with MD5
Triple DES with MD5
Certificate Administrative Details
Valid from: Sep 30 00:00:00 2002 GMT
Valid to: Sep 30 23:59:59 2003 GMT
Serial number: 0x238b7638b58e7b8bd0f7fe53b5cd9976

Certification Authority
VeriSign, Inc.
VeriSign International Server CA - Class 3
www.verisign.com/CPS Incorp.by Ref. LIABILITY LTD.(c)97 VeriSign
VeriSign Trust Network

Primary web site:
The site www.bankofamerica.com is running Netscape-Enterprise/6.0 on