[ale] OT: Router for sale

Marvin Dickens mpdickens at tlanta.com
Fri Jan 24 08:53:33 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 18:13, Geoffrey wrote:
> I'd like to check it out, if I fail, I'll return it.
>
> cfowler wrote:
> > Doug,
> >
> > All I got to say is good luck!.  I do not see any place on this board to
> > attach a serial console so it gets harder.  But I'll give you one if you
> > really want to tackle it.

FWIW: there is probably a 4 pin header on the board that provides serial
access to the serial port. In fact, there has to be some type of header
somewhere on the board for the manufacturer or oem to load/update code
at the factory. The easiest way to find the port is to locate the pins
on the chip (Per the spec sheet) that provide the serial interface and
then use an OHM meter (set to check for continuenty) and play "Hunt The
Beep" at the header. This will provide you the information to make the
cable with.

 This is a digitally signed message part