[ale] Still dealing with Nextel

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Thu Jan 23 12:33:54 EST 2003

I'm sending the messages from my firewall on my charter cablemodem.  This is
where this email is coming from even.

Nextel claims they're not doing any firewalls or blocking but I can't
find the techs themselves to verify, apparantly they all live and work
in a very black box that only accepts contact from monkyes carrying
post-it notes.  No phone or email to them......

Thus spake Ben Coleman (oloryn at benshome.net):

> On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:50:41 -0500, Robert L. Harris wrote:
>
> >The scenario:
> >  From my office I can email to <phone>@messaging.nextel.com and get a
> >    page within 2 mins
> >  From my home (*.rdlg.net) any email to messaging.nextel.com times out
> >    and is never deleivered.
> >
> >  I've been told to email to paging.nextel.com instead, but see'ing as
> >    it has the same MX servers there's not much difference.  Telnet to
> >    port 25 on the MX connects from my office but not from home.
>
> What ISP supplies your home service?  Do they block outgoing port 25?
>
> Your Received: headers shows your email originates from wally.rdlg.net
> (24.216.100.96).  This address shows up in the 'dialup equivalent' list
> for five-ten-sg.com.  Could nextel be using that list for
> spam-blocking?
>
> Ben
> --
> Ben Coleman oloryn at benshome.net      | The attempt to legislatively
> http://oloryn.home.mindspring.com/   | micromanage equality results, at
> Amateur Radio NJ8J                   | best, in equal misery for all.

:wq!
Robert L. Harris                     | PGP Key ID: FC96D405

DISCLAIMER:
FYI:

 PGP signature