[ale] Ok, this is wierd...

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Mon Jan 20 08:01:38 EST 2003

Playing a little bit more, it seems ping will allow decimal, octal, hex,
or a combo of each.

I can emulate your ping by doing a combo of decimal and hex:

ping 192.168.2.0x10

Ping understands.  Pretty cool.  Seems other ip tools, like dig, don't
necessarily handle this the same way, so it looks like it's a ping thing.

John