[ale] Trojan mpg123 alert

Marvin Dickens mpdickens at tlanta.com
Wed Jan 15 18:45:05 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 04:28, Stephen F Nicholas wrote:
> Marvin,
> Exactly the point I was trying to make !!  I still see it sometimes on the
> list though.
>
> Steve

Now that I think about it, I suppose there are some people out there who
cannot figure out how to set up permissions to resources so that lowly
non root users can utilize the resources of a machine. At the same time,
it also seems to me that if your intelligent enough to load Linux and
get it 75% functional, your just plain lazy if you can't get the
permissions right on system resources. Another words, more people should
RTFM as well as ask questions. It would save them a ton of time,
knashing of teeth and embarrassment.

Best

Marvin Dickens