[ale] SSH3.1.0 scp failure (a mystery to me)

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Tue Jan 14 18:50:56 EST 2003

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Dow Hurst wrote:

> Chris,
> I've never run strace so looked at the man page.  Wasn't sure how to
> identify the module needed to get the stream trace to work.

Looks like you're on the way to getting the ssh stuff fixed, so I won't
worry about it ;-)

I'd assumed you were on linux where strace is a system call tracer, which
can be very useful for debugging weird errors. The equivalent on Irix
(which, if strace is a STREAMS trace, is what I assume you're using?) is
par. The SGI freeware also has a port of the linux strace, which is a little
easier to use than par....  Something to play with in the future ;-)

later,
chris