[ale] DSL switch from Directv

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Jan 4 17:21:39 EST 2003

Greg wrote:

> from SpeedFactory's Usage Policy:
>
> Use of Account:
>
> a) Sharing Speed Factory's Unlimited Accounts with anyone other than
> immediate family member, or re-selling service without express written
> consent from Speed Factory, or offering any public information service, such
> as running a Web server or FTP server, is expressly prohibited.

Talk to them.  Sure, they don't want you saturating their network
running a web server that has links from /.

> c) Personal Web sites are subject to a maximum of 100 megabytes per month of
> file transfer. Sites that receive hits in excess this amount will be subject
> to higher commercial rates.

This is to your website they are hosting on their servers. (I believe)
It is not a limit on your dsl throughput.

> I think that Speedfactory's Support is only during daylight hours too.

No, although I'm not sure what their hours are.  I've called late
evenings, left a message and someone has called me back within a
reasonable amount of time.

> Speakeasy also seems to have a myriad of fees, though they seem to be more
> friendly to me hosting a home network.

I'd still be concerned with support since they never returned my calls
regarding new service.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...