[ale] final plea for help (more kernel panic info)

Doug McNash dmcnash at smyrnacable.net
Sat Jan 4 11:17:38 EST 2003

It's a hardware thing.  Heat up the components and they
expand, cool down and they contract (ever so little) but
enough to short or open a circuit on a marginal solder
joint or internal chip connection.  The problem statement
describes 10-30 min of running time before failure.  So
some part of the system failing when it gets warm.  The
hair dryer just speeds the process and lets one isolate
the component.

--
Doug McNash
dmcnash at smyrnacable.net