[ale] Machine With Drives @ e,f,g,h: help?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at rocketship.com
Fri Jan 3 19:02:49 EST 2003

Hi Danny,

If you have the patience, you can specify some startup commands to lilo that
cause it to resort drive identification so that what you think is hda
appears as hda instead of hde, etc.  This should also help with the
inability of RH to locate the drives.  The trick is trying to figure out
what values to specify.  It may help to get a copy of the LinuxCare boot CD
to debug this first.

Read these threads for some details:

   https://listman.redhat.com/pipermail/ataraid-list/2002-July/000916.html

   http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/linux/linux-kernel/2002-11/0686.html