[ale] Speedfactory DNS question

F. Grant Robertson f.g.robertson at alexiongroup.com
Fri Jan 3 06:09:33 EST 2003

For the same 5$ a month, you can use ultradns (http://www.ultradns.com/), which far surpasses any dns services I've ever used, in quality, uptime, and ease of use. I've been with them about 14 months now, hosting dns for several small businesses and I don't have 1 single complaint.

Running your own servers is do-able, but it's not easy. BIND is also one of the most exploited services in existance.. it's gotten better, and there are also alternatives but, it's been a problem in the past and is still not as much of a no brainer as running your own apache or, even mysql.. bottom line is, it should be chroot jailed, and you should stay on top of bugs and patches.

-g